For the 1st time in India, civilian tourists will get to see ringside view of Military life with “Veer Yatra” organized by the brave men who once worked for the military. The first-of-its-kind “military tourism” initiative in India aims at strengthening the emotional bond that exists between the military establishment and the civilian population.
One can embark on a voyage of military history of famous forts in the Konkan, with the Veer Yatra team of ex-servicemen. Relive the glory of old naval forts steeped in legends of dare devilry. Listen to fascinating stories of Maratha brave hearts. Spice up the tour with thrilling military games, delicious Konkani food, campfires at British era guesthouses, white water rafting, crocodile sightings and many more exciting adventures in the Konkan.
Veer Yatra offers civilians unique opportunities to experience the thrilling world of heroic defence forces from close quarters. From War Memorial to Army Workshop, Defence Academy, Naval Base, Warfare Centre, Military Management Techniques to Art of War and Military Games & Survival Techniques, there is something patriotic to see for everyone. Veer Yatra will showcase the institutions that it is made of, including the Armed Forces Medical College, College of Military Engineering, Airforce Station, Military Hostels, various Regiments, Naval Aviation Museum, Military Museum and certain spots that would arouse intense patriotism.
Commenting on the launch of Veer Yatra, Col (Retd.) Suhas S. Jatkar, Managing Director, MESCO, said: “While Military Tourism is a well-established concept worldwide, it has not been explored in a structured way in India so far. Through Veer Yatra, MESCO aims to give the real-life experience to these aspirations – there is so much history, so much to see and so much to experience. As ex-servicemen, we strongly feel the need to promote Military Tourism with a view to inculcate sense of patriotism among the children and youth of the country. Indian Military establishment has rich physical and emotional heritage that is worth exploring by all patriotic citizens.”
He added: “There is another side to this whole story – that of providing meaningful and gainful employment to widows to our martyrs and retired servicemen. At MESCO our motto is to re-habilitate the human resource of physically fit, mentally robust, disciplined and proficient Ex-Servicemen in outsourced services for any public, private and Govt. organisations and thereby generate large number of job opportunities for these Ex-Servicemen. Besides, Veer Yatra will build the crucial bridge between military personnel and civilians, and it will allow the later to visualize how our military men negotiate inhospitable terrain and hostile conditions day-in and day-out to ensure that all of stay secured all the time.”
To start with there are nine “Veer Yatra” tours -
1. BANO BAHADUR – CAMP SHAURYA (AGE GROUP 10-13) : War Memorial, Army Workshop
2. BANO BAHADUR – CAMP SHAURYA (AGE GROUP 14-16) : War Memorial, National Defence Academy, Armed Forces Medical College, College of Military Engineering, Airforce Station
3. PANHALA ADVENTURE CAMP: Military Hostel, Kolhapur Regiment
4. REFRESHING KONKAN: Old Naval Forts, Military Guest House – Mahad, Military Guest House –Alibag, Military Games
5. GOA-KARWAR COASTAL TREASURES: Fort Aguada, National Institute of Oceanography, Signal Regiment, Naval Aviation Museum, Karwar Naval Base
6. GANGTOK-DARJEELING: Military Museum, China Border at Nathu La Pass and Border Roads Organization
7. MOONLIT RAIGAD: HISTORIC FORTS over a night trek under a full moon: Join the Maratha king and his army on a full moon adventure at Raigad
8. AMARNATH YATRA with Helicopter Trips - § What to cherish: J&K – Pakistan Border, Military Post – Srinagar, High Altitude Warfare Centre
9. COPORATE OUTBOUND PROGRAM @ MAHAD : Military Management Techniques, Art of War!, Military Games & Survival Techniques.
All the nine packages come at subsidized rates starting from Rs 2150/-per person (2D/1N) and leading up to Rs 32,000/- (8D/7N).The tours are designed to give “as is” basis experience when it comes to living at Military sites wherein the facilities are not designed for 5-star hotel accommodation.
For tour enquiries, please call
+91 8806063063 or +91 2067298018 or send email on : firstname.lastname@example.org