Customers of Emirates Airline flying to the United Arab Emirates (UAE) can now apply for a visa using their mobile devices. In a first-of-its-kind initiative in visa application, applicants anywhere in the world can use the mobile app, launched by Dubai Visa Processing Centre (DVPC) to complete the entire visa application process for an UAE visa using mobile devices. DVPC is an exclusive facility of VFS Global for Emirates Airline and Government of Dubai for processing UAE Visas.
The user-friendly transactional app involves one-time profile creation, and allows data and document upload, payment and service delivery. Visitors can apply in three easy steps:
Smartphone and tablet users can download the free DVPC Mobile App from Google’s Play Store or Apple’s App Store. Customised versions of the app are available for iOS and Android devices. Through the app, passengers can apply for the 96-hours, 30-days or 90-days single entry visas, based on their Emirates itinerary.
Customers may apply up to 4 international working days* in advance of their Emirates flight departure date. For last-minute applications, customers may apply using the Express visa service** as late as 2 international working days prior to flight departure.
Key features of the app:
• Anytime, anywhere applications of UAE visa, globally
• Accessible via handheld devices to travellers of multiple nationalities
• No need to visit a Dubai Visa Application Centre or website
• User-friendly and easy-to-navigate transactional app
• Real-time visa application
• Modern, intuitive and convenient
• One-time profile creation
• Upload and save documents
• Convenience for subsequent applications
• Hassle-free credit or debit card payment options
• Optional Express visa service** available on the app
• Useful destination links and information
• App can be downloaded for free on Google's Play Store and Apple's App Store
Speaking about the innovation, Mr Essa Sulaiman Ahmad - VP (India & Nepal), Emirates, said, “The launch of the Mobile App will allow our customers in India an even more convenient way to apply and complete their entire visa process through their phones. At Emirates, we are always looking for initiatives to enhance our customers’ experience online.”
Commented Mr Vinay Malhotra, COO – South Asia and DVPC, VFS Global, “We are in a constantly evolving environment in terms of developing best-in-class technologies, and with this app, we aim to deliver exceptional levels of service and enhanced convenience for travellers. The DVPC Mobile App will serve as a one-stop shop for UAE visa applicants, offering users an end-to-end platform for UAE visa applications.”
*Subject to documentation being in order and UAE immigration approval. International working days are factored taking into account UAE immigration holidays.
**Terms and conditions apply