New Delhi 4 October, 2017
Ministry of Tourism is organizing “Paryatan
Parv” across the country from the 5th to 25th October
2017. The objective of the parv is drawing focus on the benefits of
tourism, showcasing the cultural diversity of the country and reinforcing the
principle of “Tourism for All”.
There are 3 components –
1. Dekho Apna Desh: To encourage Indians to visit their own
country. This will include Video, Photograph and Blog Competitions of sites
visited during the Event, Stories of India through Travelers’ Eyes, on Social Media;
Tourism related Quiz, Essay, Debate and Painting Competitions for Students,
Television Campaigns to promote travel to J&K and N.E. States.
2. Tourism for
All: Tourism Events at sites across all
States in the country. The activities at these sites will include illumination
in and around the Sites, Cultural Programmes of Dance, Music, Theatre, Story
Telling, Sensitisation Programmes for Stakeholders around the Sites, Tourism
Exhibitions, Showcasing Culture, Cuisine and Handicrafts / Handlooms, Guided
Heritage Walks, etc. These will be “People’s Events” with large scale public
3. Tourism &
Governance: Interactive Sessions & Workshops with Stakeholders on varied
themes: Skill Development in Tourism Sector, Innovation in Tourism, for
inducting Ex-servicemen as service providers for Taxi Operation, Developing
Rural Tourism in locations near established Destinations, Community
Sensitisation Workshops on Home stay and B&B Opportunities.
The Parv was inaugurated at the Humayun’s Tomb on 5th October 2017 with Heritage
Walks at the monument from 8 AM to 4 PM along with a Painting Competition
for students. The Paryatan Parv will culminate in a 3 day event in New Delhi
from the 23rd October to 25th
October 2017 which will showcase the cultural diversity of the country.
The Minister informed the media persons that
Central Ministries have also proactively come forward and will be part of the
event as follows:
1. Ministry of Culture will arrange cultural programmes of dance, music, theater, storytelling at identified sites, arrange Artists' Camps at different venues and undertake illumination of ASI monuments during the Parv.
2. Ministry of Information and Broadcasting will extend support for generating awareness about Tourism and the event and doordarshan will organize competitions to engage with the Public.
3. Ministry of Textile will arrange for exhibhition of Handlooms and Handicrafts by Artisans at the different sites.
4. Ministry of Rural Development, through its National Rurban Missions will arrange local activities focusing on rural tourism at their identified rural clusters.
5. Ministry of Human Resources Development will arrange quiz, painting and essay competitions at Kendriya Vidyalayas and excursion trips for students to iconic tourist sites.
6. Ministry of skill development will partner in workshops on Skill Development in the Tourism Sector and sensitization of service providers.
7. Ministry of DONER will coordinate tourism events, exhibitions, cultural programmes and sensitization programmes in the North East Region.
8. Ministry of Ayush will arrange Yoga deminstrations / sessions and workshops.
9. Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports will organize youth camps, adventure activites and a Tribal Youth Exchange programme during the Parv. Visiting teams participating in the FIFA U-17 World Cup will be taken to tourist aites in the cities where matches will be held.
10. Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology will partner in the event for public outreach by organizing tourism related quiz / photography / video competitions on My Gov.
11. Ministry of Environment & Forests will arrange sensitization programmes on responsible tourism for stakeholders.
12. Key airports will be given a festive look during the Parv by the Ministry of Civil Aviation and sensitization programmes for staff at the airports will also be organized.
13. Ministry of Railways will arrange for a festive look at major railway stations and will organize sensitization programmes for the railway staff.
14. Ministry of Road Transport & Highways will collaborate by way of launching wayside amenities in identified tourist circuits.
15. Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas will create tourist wayside amenities at select petrol pumps.
16. Ministry of Finance (Revenue) will organize sensitization programmes for Customs officials at Airports and Sea Ports.
17. Ministry of Home Affairs will conduct sensitization programmes for Immigration and CISF officials and Staff.
18. The Department of Industry Policy and Promotion, Ministry of Commerce will arrange a Tourism Investor Round table Conference with participation of Indian and Global Investors.
In addition, the mega event will see active
participation by Cultural Associations and Organizations’, Travel &
Hospitality Industry, Institutes of Hotel Management, Indian Institutes of
Tourism & Travel Management, Service Providers, Students and Youth and the
Local Population. Paryatan Parv will be supported by extensive media activities
and programmes in all media, including Social Media. Doordarshan will telecast
special programmes during the event including: Quiz Programmes – “The Wonder that is India”, Smile India Smile Campaign - A still photography competition, Do You Know? - A Campaign to propagate interesting facts