Outbound Tour Operators Association of India (OTOAI) has been formed as a non-profit organisation comprising outbound tour operators and travel agents as members.
The need was felt for a voice for the outbound agents with the concerned authorities, and to safeguard consumers and international suppliers by taking up their cause on global and domestic issues to enhance market efficiency and ensure customer protection.
The executive committee of the association comprises of the following members • President - Mr. Guldeep Singh Sahni (Managing Director, Weldon Tours & Travels Pvt Ltd); • Vice President - Mr. Riaz Munshi (Managing Director, N. Chirag Travels Pvt. Ltd); • General Secretary - Mr. Shravan Bhalla (C.E.O., High Flyer); • Joint Secretary - Mr. Vineet Gopal (Managing Director, Engee Holidays); • Treasurer - Mr. Rajeev Sabharwal (Chief Executive, Gaurav Travels; • Head IT - Mr. Sidharth Khanna (Khanna Enterprises); • Head Chapters - Mr. Gurdeep Gujral (Director, Gujral Tours & Travels Pvt Ltd)
List of Pan India Founder Members- Mr. Sumanth Kapoor, Chandigarh (Travel Engineers) Mrs. Ranjana Sharma, Gurgaon (Trav &Tours International) Mr. Himanshu Patil, Mumbai (Kesari Tours Pvt. Ltd.) Mr. Narinder Pal Singh Marwah, Nagpur (Marwah Tours and Travels) Mr. Mahendra Vakharia, Ahmedabad (Pathfinders Holidays Pvt. Ltd.) Mr. Sajjan Kumar Gupta, Kolkatta (Vayuseva) Mr. Manish Kriplani, Chennai (Baywatch Travels Pvt. Ltd.)
Arbitration - Special focus of OTOAI will be on arbitration for both customers and its members. The Arbitration Committee will deal with all cases in a fair and just manner, and the ruling passed thereafter will be final for both parties involved, whether it is an issue for an international supplier, a customer or its member.
Criteria- All applicants will have to fulfill stringent criteria before active membership is granted to them:
1. CA certificate is mandatory with a total outbound remittance/ billing of Rs 15 lakhs per annum
2. Pan card
3. Proof - one year in business existence from date of application.
4. Copy of MOA or partnership deed etc
5. Minimum 150 Sq.ft of office space (Carpet Area)
In addition, all of the below given criteria are also required:
1. To get letter of recommendation from overseas supplier
2. To get letter of recommendation from National Tourist Office in India
3. One staff / owner should have done a certification course for outbound tourism like Canada Specialist, Aussie Specialist, Thailand Expert etc.
4. Certification from FFMC (Full fledged money changer authorized by RBI) for purchase of forex for clients / reimbursement
5. Inspection of office of the person applying for Active membership by active member of the Association or any nominated person by the General/Joint Secretary other than the proposer
6. The active membership must be renewed after every 2 years
7. All the applicants/nominees have to complete 20 hrs of training/attended seminar conducted by any National Tourism Boards. (Not the same National Tourist Office)
OTOAI will take it upon itself to provide support for its members from knowledge building, training and innovation to setting the highest standards of ethics and professionalism in the industry and its management. It will also promote entrepreneurship and collaboration with stakeholders.
OTOAI is built on the belief that the travel industry should be equitable, free and efficient giving every stakeholder the chance to earn a fair return, while ensuring customers take precedence over other industry participants. It will also work towards creating jobs for the weaker section, and promote green and sustainable tourism.