'Gujarat Tourism' announces the launch of its second edition of 'Gujarat Travel Mart' from the 22 – 24 February 2012 at Mahatma Mandir Convention & Exhibition Centre, Gandhi Nagar.
Sphere Travelmedia & Exhibitors once again receives the mandate to organize the 'Gujarat Travel Mart'.
This year the event is expected over 200 registered Buyers from over 30 countries and over 800 travel agents expected to visit. Among the seller side more than 200 Exhibitors from India, from over 20 diverse tourism segments are expected to participate. The event is getting support from the major travel association such as ADTOI, ATOAI, IATO, TAAI, TAFI and FHRAI.
The Hosted buyers are from the following countries: Netherlands, Kingdom of Bahrain, Australia, Canada, France, Greece, Israel, Japan, Lithuania, Norway, Poland, South Africa, Sri Lanka, UAE, UK, USA, South Africa, etc
The event offers Two Exhibitor Segments:
I) EXCLUSIVE GUJARAT PAVILION: Gujarat Incoming - This pavilion shall showcase the different facets of Gujarat such as festivals of Gujarat, its beaches, the land of the Mahatma: Mahatma Gandhi oriented tours, Heritage Hotels, Buddhist Trails in Gujarat, wildlife Resorts and National Parks, Medical Tourism, Destination Management Companies, Travel Agents and Tour Operators, Religious Tourism, Handicrafts, Cultural Vistas, etc
II) INCREDIBLE INDIA - Indian State Tourism Departments, who form part of the country's marketing plan shall be invited to display the country's rich culture and heritage. Travel trade and some of the biggest tourism & destination brands in the country will provide an opportunity to showcase their products. .
Hosted Buyer Program: The Buyer Program at the last year's edition had for the first time in the country a refundable caution deposit system for all buyers to enhance the seriousness of the event. The amount will be refundable on the successful completion of the mandatory seller appointments. Buyer Registration forms are available on www.gujarattravelmart.com.
· Gujarat Tourism showed a growth rate of 10.4 % in the last five years.
· State contributes 16% of the industrial production of the country and has also mobilised the highest share (12.7%) of the investments in the country.
· Forbes has listed Ahmedabad 3rd among the world's fastest growing cities after Chengdu and Chongqing (CHINA).
· Ahmedabad is the sixth largest metropolitan city in India.
· Ahmedabad has a thriving chemicals and pharmaceuticals industry with a few of the biggest pharmaceutical companies of India located here.
· GDP of Ahmedabad was 65 billion USD in 2008.