As travel – both business and leisure – becomes a way of life, purpose-driven trips become far more of a norm. These travellers are looking to make the most of their trips. They want comfort and quality of a trusted global brand, but they don’t see the need to pay for service and facilities beyond what they absolutely need. Launched today, the Holiday Inn Express Bangkok Siam is built to meet the needs of these savvy travellers.
The first of the brand in South East Asia, the hotel defines smart travel by pairing comfort and convenience with proximity and price. Set right at the heart of downtown Bangkok and minutes away from renowned shopping, entertainment and business districts, Holiday Inn Express Bangkok Siam offers the smart traveller an affordable alternative to full service hotels within the area, but without compromising on quality.
“Holiday Inn Express offers the smart traveller everything they need without the frills,” said Alan Watts, IHG’s Vice President of Operations, South East Asia. ”Through our research we’ve found that there is a growing segment of guests who are purpose-driven but value-conscious – they want a first-rate international experience with all the fundamentals done right, empowering them to be self-reliant and to make the most of their trip.
This is what has made the brand successful in other parts of the world, and is where we see the opportunity for the brand to grow – not just here in Thailand but across the rest of the region as well.”
The brand will add another 12 hotels to South East Asia by 2014, in Thailand, Indonesia, Singapore and Malaysia. There are currently 40 Holiday Inn Express hotels across Asia Pacific and this will grow to 94 over the next few years, making Holiday Inn Express one of the fastest growing brands in the region.
Globally, the brand has 2,133 hotels – that’s more than some hotel groups have in their entire estate – making it one of the largest hotel brands in the world.
Mr Sunny Bajaj, Managing Director, Amburaya Hotels and Resorts, and owner of the new Bangkok Siam property said, “Bangkok is one of those cities where you’d fly in for a concert, a short weekend getaway or a quick business trip. That’s why I’m confident that a brand like Holiday Inn Express fills a gap in the market dominated by full service, luxury offerings – it’s a fresh alternative that gives you everything you need at a great price.”
For the leisure traveller, the Bangkok Siam property is minutes away from some of the city’s most exciting retail and dining attractions, including Siam Discovery and Siam Paragon Malls, and located on the BTS line, guests are a short ride away from Chatuchak Weekend Market where travellers can experience the best of Thailand’s street stall culture.
For business travellers, the hotel provides ease of access key business districts including Silom, Sathorn and Sukhumvit, allowing executives to get the most of their working day. Additionally, the complimentary Wi-Fi connection for guests throughout in the hotel allows for increased productivity at no extra cost.
Here’s what the hotel has to offer:
· Guests can kick-start their day with breakfast from the complimentary Express Start® breakfast bar. Breakfast includes all the staples you’d expect of a breakfast buffet, but if you’re strapped for time, grab a quick muffin and pack a coffee from the hotel’s Grab & Go counter for a great start to your morning.
· The modern traveller relies on the Internet as a go-to resource for travel information. With the hotel’s complimentary Wi-Fi – in both guest rooms as well as throughout the hotel’s public areas – guests will never miss work emails, or status updates from their loved ones.
· Location : Holiday Inn Express facilitates both business and leisure travel in Bangkok with everything you need at your doorstep.
· Rooms are equipped with smart fundamentals to provide guests with everything they need for a great stay – An invigorating 3-head massage showerhead, high quality bedding including 200-thread-count sheets and duvet, a choice of soft and firm pillows, 32” LCD TV, as well as an ergonomic work space.
· Guests are empowered with enabling amenities which they may use if they need: Self-service laundry room, self-serve vending machines, gym facilities and takeaway services.
To celebrate its opening, Holiday Inn Express Siam Bangkok is offering its guests a special rate of 1,999THB++ per night for stays from now till 15th September, 2012. As with all Holiday Inn Express rates in Asia, this is inclusive of complimentary breakfast and high-speed Wi-Fi access throughout the hotel.