· 85,000 Indian arrival to Austria in 2011 (+ 41% over last year)
· Diversity of culture
· Diversity of landscape
· 365 days of fun in the snow
Eyeing the outbound growth from India, the Austrian National Tourist Office this year came up with the biggest delegation meeting over 400 trade partners in Mumbai, Delhi and Chennai highlighting Austria as a destination for summer 2012. Participants in workshop were
• Vienna Tourist Board • Arcotel group of hotels • Pegasus Incoming • Mondial Incoming • Tourist Board Salzburg City • Panorama Tours Incoming • Tourist Board Zell am See-Kaprun • Tourist Board Paznaun Ischgl • Tirol Tourist Board • Innsbruck Tourist Board •Oetztal Tourist Board • Svarovski Crystal Worlds • Austrian Railways • Mozart Orchestra Vienna
Vienna (Capital City) - 24,696 India visitors (+57.7% comparing over last year)
· Known as a metropolis of art and culture invites you to experience its coffee house, Viennese wine & cuisine
· Shoppers delight - offering Viennese handicraft to luxury brands at Vienna City centre, Mariahilfer Strabe to Tuchlauben
Tirol - 52,000 Indian visitors in 2011.
· Achensee, Tyrol’s largest lake famous for “Sports & Vitality Park”. Sports from challenging adventures in the mountains, to romantic sledding expeditions, snow tubing, winter horseback riding and enjoyable strolls through the snow-covered countryside.
· Ötztal Alps with some 250 peaks higher than three thousand meters await you. A perfect hiking base amid wonderful nature treasures.
· St Anton am Arlberg - A mountain village, traditional and modern at the same time, with the scenery of a gigantic summit world and the amenities of a worldly holiday resort.
Austrian Tours offers
· Austrian Rail special offer for Indian Children up to 16 travel free on journeys from Austria to Germany or Switzerland travel free with their parent during (April to June 2012) • Pay for 2nd class and travel in 1st class.
· Salzburg - a city with a splendid past. Salzburg is one of the most beautiful cities in Europe, winning international acclaim in 1997 upon being designated a World Heritage Site by UNESCO.
· Sound of Music the famous film on a trip to Salzburg and its environs.
· Zell am See-Kaprun - 365 days holiday destinations in the heart of Austria.
· With Mighty mountains, mellow pastures, the Lake Zell with Drinking water quality as well as the eternal ice of the Kitzsteinhorn glacier and the untamed forces of nature of the national park Hohe Tauern.
Offers diversified activities, entertaining family fun, quiet brooks as well as culinary and cultural discoveries.