All Centrally protected monuments of ASIto open from 6th July 2020
Union Minister of State for Culture and Tourism (Independent charge), ShriPrahlad Singh Patel has announced that Ministry of Culture & Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) has decided to open all the centrally protected monuments by completely abiding safety protocols from 6th July 2020. He said that only those monuments/ Museums which are in the non-containment zone will be open for visitors. All Centrally protected monuments and Sites shall be bound by the protocols like sanitization, social distancing and other health protocols issued by the Ministry of Home Affairs and Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. Any specific orders of the State and/or District administration shall also be strictly implemented, he added.
These monuments were closed in the wake of COVID-19 pandemic. Total 3691 centrally protected monuments comes under ASI out of which 820 centrally protected monuments which have places of worship were opened on 8th June 2020.
These monuments were closed in the wa
Instructions for Visitors
1. Only those Monuments/Museums which are in the non-containment zone will be opened for visitors.
2. All Centrally Protected Monuments and sites shall be bound by the protocol issued by the Ministry of Home Affairs, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, MoC shall be strictly implemented as also any specific orders of the State and/or District administration.
3. Entry tickets shall be issued by e-mode only. No physical tickets will be issued until further order.
4. At the parking, cafeteria etc. only digital payment is allowed.
5. The visitors shall follow social distancing. The use of face cover/mask is mandatory. Entrance to have mandatory hand hygiene and thermal scanning provisions. Only asymptomatic persons are allowed.
6. No group photography is allowed within the premises.
7. No food/eatables shall be allowed inside the premises.