IATO Joins WTTC Safe Travel Stamp
WTTC along with other industry associations are working together to achieve effective recovery protocols by developing meaningful action plans that optimise sector-wise recovery efforts. WTTC is granting Safe Travel Stamp to the associations and travel and tourism organizations who are following safe travel global protocols.
IATO has been granted the WTTC Safe Travels Stamp along with other international associations recently.
Key Responsibilities of the association
Public destination authorities, WTTC Members, and Travel & Tourism industry associations will advocate the implementation and uptake of the Safe Travels protocols and stamp to their subsidiary public sector authorities and private sector organisations and ensure their ongoing compliance with the Protocols and Terms & Conditions.
Accordingly, IATO will grant Safe Travel Stamp to its member on fulfilling the Global Safe Travel Protocol and the terms and conditions attached with this circular.
Procedure for IATO Members to get WTTC Safe Travel Stamp
Companies involved in Travel & Tourism who are not WTTC Members and are interested in applying for the stamp, must reach out to IATO. As a user of the stamp, IATO as an association will have the opportunity to assume the role of a Safe Travel Ambassador for its members, advocating the implementation of the Safe Travels protocols and the uptake of the Safe Travel stamp to the association members and ensure their ongoing compliance with the said protocols.
Members interested in Obtaining SAFE TRAVELS STAMP has to go through following:
1. Members has to do compliance to the Protocol.
2. After ensuring compliance of the protocol, member who are willing to take Safe Travel Stamp, need to take out print of the attached a) Global Protocol and b) Terms & Condition, and send the same duly signed and stamp to IATO on email ids: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Member Organization applying for safe travels stamp must have cleared all their dues of association.
4. After receiving signed and scan attached Protocol and Terms & Condition IATO will issue SAFE TRAVELS STAMP to Member Organization.
WHAT ARE THE SAFE TRAVELS PROTOCOLS?
• WTTC has produced new global Safe Travels protocols for use by the Travel & Tourism sector as best practice guidelines to help restart and speed up the recovery of the sector in the wake of COVID-19.
• The global protocols are designed to help to rebuild confidence among travellers, and within the sector, so safe travel can resume once restrictions are eased. They provide consistency to destination authorities as well as guidance to travel providers, operators, & travellers, about the new approach to health & hygiene in the post COVID-19 world.
• The global protocols were developed in collaboration with WTTC Members, leading industry associations & international organisations. They take into account the current guidelines of the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
• The protocols are living documents which will be updated as new information becomes available about COVID-19. WTTC recommends the private sector and destination authorities alike, to adopt a risk-based approach based on high & low risk contexts and adapt their measures accordingly. A one-size fits all is not the solution.
• The Safe Travels protocols for each key industry within the Travel & Tourism sector will help to provide alignment and consistency to ensure the safety of travellers & workforces as the sector recovers from COVID-19. The industry protocols are being launched in phases. Presently, nine industry protocols are available, notably for hospitality, outdoor retail, aviation, airports, tour operators, short-term rental industry, attractions, car rental, and convention centres, meetings & events. Protocols for the insurance and cruise are under development.
• Each of the Safe Travels protocols has four pillars, namely: 1. Operational and Staff Preparedness, 2. Ensuring a Safe Experience, 3. Rebuilding Trust & Confidence and 4. Implementing Enabling Policies.
• WTTC is calling upon national, regional, and local destination authorities to back the adoption of Safe Travels protocols so that they can be implemented globally and restore much-needed confidence in travellers to restart the Travel & Tourism sector.
WHAT IS THE SAFE TRAVELS STAMP?
• The Safe Travels stamp is the world’s first ever global safety and hygiene stamp for Travel & Tourism, designed specifically to address COVID-19 and similar outbreaks.
• The stamp will allow travellers and other Travel & Tourism stakeholders to recognise destination authorities and companies around the world that have implemented health and hygiene protocols that are aligned with WTTC’s Safe Travels Protocols.
• All countries, destination authorities and companies operating in Travel & Tourism will be able to use the stamp, provided they comply with the Safe Travels protocols, in the case of aviation, with the International Civil Aviation Organization’s “Takeoff: Guidance for Air Travel through the COVID-19 Public Health Crisis” and have signed the Terms & Conditions.
• For aviation, the WTTC Safe Travels stamp will recognise and could be used by countries and destinations that adopt the Safe Travels protocols and the ICAO Takeoff guidelines for aviation.
• The stamp is free to use.
• The Safe Travels stamp is based on self-assessment and it is not a certification. Countries, destination authorities and companies using the stamp have confirmed that they have implemented, and will ensure ongoing compliance with, the Safe Travels protocols and ICAO ‘Takeoff’ guidelines.